Concord Christian School leads students to connect with Christ, grow in faith and serve with conviction, making a world of difference.
Our vision is that CCS students will acquire knowledge and wisdom with a biblical world view as demonstrated through service and leadership in worship, missions, care, and growth.
OUR CORE VALUES
The core values of truth, intellectual development, potential in Christ, Christian personnel, and operational integrity are woven with worship, missions, care, and Christian growth which are the core values of First Baptist Concord.
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. At the heart of the Christian philosophy of education is the acknowledgment that God created all things and that they exist by His power and for His pleasure. Only through Christ can there be a unity which gives meaning to all parts of life. An education which fails to acknowledge God and His work will always be woefully inadequate and incomplete.
An education which understands the nature of reality, God, the universe, man and His purpose for existence, truth, and absolutes, must be one which teaches the Bible as God’s infallible Word and sees each student as created in God’s image for His purpose. Life is then seen as contributing to God’s purpose and man’s ultimate goal is to know and obey God.
Concord Christian School endeavors to give a completely God-centered orientation of life to each student. It strives to help produce the mind of Christ in its students and to establish a well-grounded biblical world view. Academics are not a means of self-promotion or pride but a way of increasing one’s awareness of God and being useful in His kingdom. Christians should excel in all subject areas because they put Christ first and see their work as unto the Lord and not unto men.
The ultimate responsibility of educating a child has been given to the parents. Concord Christian School operates as an extension of and partner with the home and church in training children to be godly, and also focuses on developing the whole child: spiritually, academically, athletically, creatively, and socially.
- Spiritually – CCS students will be bold and courageous in their faith. They will desire to share and defend their beliefs using sound biblical knowledge and a daily desire to apply the Word of God to their lives. They are committed to a lifestyle of passionately serving others.
- Academically – CCS students have the critical thinking and problem-solving skills to be an independent learner. They are college-ready, take ownership of their learning experience, and value life-long learning with a biblical worldview.
- Athletically – CCS students understand that athletics exist for them to glorify God through their athletic abilities. They have a mental toughness and a sound work ethic. The student values the opportunity to represent their school in a meaningful way that is greater than one individual.
- Creatively – CCS students discover and develop their unique God-given abilities. They strive to be open to a variety of aesthetic experiences and continue to develop a wide range of imaginative sensibilities using their gifts and talents.
- Socially – CCS students have confidence in seeing themselves the way Christ sees them, and that confidence projects to the people in their sphere of influence. They are committed to serving Christ by serving others in their personal life, community, and around the world.