Elementary - Summer Reading 2022
Summer Reading Requirements
Please encourage your child to continue to read this summer. We ask that you review these titles and help your child select books that are appropriate for him/her and that meet your personal guidelines.
The titles for the summer reading list have been carefully selected and include a list of titles varying in length, interest level, and genres for each grade level. Each list includes a variety of books for each grade level that vary in AR levels with the hope students will find books they love to read at their level.
Students who read a minimum number of books for their grade level will receive a prize when they return to school. Parents can send in a note that the students have completed their minimum number of books for summer reading.
- Kindergarten: 10 books total from the list
- First grade students: 10 books total from the list
- Second grade students: 8 books total: 2 chapter books, 6 picture books
- Third grade students: 5 books total: 3 fiction, 2 nonfiction
- Fourth grade students: 5 books total: 3 fiction, 2 nonfiction
- Fifth grade students: 5 books total: 3 fiction, 2 nonfiction
Here is a great resource for many more books recommended for students by grade level: http://readingtokids.org/Books/BooksGrade.php
Middle School Summer Reading 2021
Please use the button below to open the Middle School Summer Reading Assignment